The overall idea for this project is to make a derelict house rendered in game using the Unreal engine. For this project to be successful i need to use varying, convincing textures and also include good lighting throughout the level.
It took me a while to work out how i was going to build the house. I started of by physically building in max.
Turns out this wasn't the best idea. It was difficult to get the scale correct and was incredibly fiddly to model. From this point I decided to use a tileset.
This is the tile set so far which makes up the building. These pieces will be duplicated with varying textures and features such as doors and windows. So far however I've just been working out how these pieces will all fit together.
This is the house so far. My plan is to get the exterior whitebox finished before i start texturing.